Senior Back-end developer (Python)
We usually respond within a day
Founded in 2020, Truckbeat is on a mission to digitalise road freight and use data to set new standards of flexibility, efficiency, transparency and sustainability. Truckbeat is headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden, with offices in Stockholm and Thessaloniki, Greece.
Our service enables commercial shippers to connect with smaller transportation companies. Through our in-house developed platform, we simply find the right carrier for the right shipment, saving time and money for shippers, provide more loads with high convenience to carriers, all while reducing greenhouse gas emissions and working towards a sustainable transport of goods industry.
We are now looking for a senior back-end developer to join our tech team in Thessaloniki, although we are a flexible remote team.
Our tech stack revolves heavily around AWS in the back-end and Vue.js/Quasar in the front-end. As a back-end developer you will be focusing mainly on our under-the-hood code-base, primarily written in Python. At the same time, you will be involved in the product backlog management, we are a product-focused team, with attention on performance and delivery that lives up to our quality standards.
To succeed in this role, you should have good knowledge in Python and have either previous experience with AWS services or a strong interest to get exposure to AWS. It's important you have a curious nature and are hungry to keep growing and developing in the direction of the leading trends in server-less development.
- Development & maintenance of our AWS-based back-end.
- Be actively involved in product backlog management.
- Translate strategy into smooth and functional code-base.
- Deploy your code to production daily-ish.
We think you have
- 5+ years experience in high standards back-end development
- 2+ years experience with Python
- Experience in or willing to learn your way around the AWS service landscape
- Solid understanding of code-base versioning with Git
- Strong communication skills and you are fluent in English
But most importantly, we think you have the personality to fit and grow in a fun work environment where we believe in innovation, sustainability and doing good!
We would also like it if you
- Have previous exposure to Agile methodologies
- Would describe yourself as a strong team player and problem solver
- Have an interest in data-infra and data-product design
What's in it for you
- A competitive remuneration package - bonus vacation days included
- Budget dedicated to your continuous training and education - we invest in your personal growth
- A modern and forward-thinking work environment
- A transparent culture where your ideas matter
We are fun to work with, ambitious, well funded and on a path to disrupting a traditional industry and we are looking for creative talented people to join our journey. If this sounds like you apply today or forward this to someone you think might be interested.
- Product & Engineering
- Senior Back-end developer
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
About Truckbeat AB
Founded in 2020, Truckbeat is on a mission to digitalise road freight and use data to set new standards of flexibility, efficiency, transparency and sustainability in the space of supply chain management. Truckbeat is headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden.
Our service enables commercial shippers to connect with smaller transportation companies. Through our in-house developed platform, we simplify the transport sourcing process saving time and money for shippers, provide more loads with high convenience to carriers, all while reducing greenhouse gas emissions and working towards a sustainable transport of goods industry.
Senior Back-end developer (Python)
Loading application form